Hugh Laurie Audition for House M.D.

"Relax, I have just the thing to cheer you up...we're being sued!" Dr. House

"Relax, I have just the thing to cheer you up... we're being sued!" Dr. House

Winning Audition

Hugh Laurie Audition for House, M.D. (2004 - 2012) is a winning audition.

Directed by Greg Yaitanes among many others. Created by David Shore.

Starring Hugh Laurie, Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard, Lisa Edelstein among many others.

This is the first time I have seen a dramatic actor used strong facial expressions to effectively bring out the characters subtext and his behavior. I have seen only one or two episodes of House M.D.and from the start of Hugh's audition here I see the anti-social characteristics that have made Laurie so popular. I can tell that Hugh has a strong comedic background that was developed in rigorous drama programs in the UK.

Watch in the clip below how Hugh uses his facial expression to convey the characters angst against bureaucracy. Enjoy!


Trivia - This audition took place in Hugh's hotel bathroom in Namibia, where he was filming, Flight of the Phoenix.



No comments:

Post a Comment