Amores Perros

"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." - Susana

"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." Susana


☆ Masterpiece

Amores Perros (2000) is heart pounding, symphony of violence that is majestic in its grandeur.

Directed by Alejandro Gonzales Inarritu.

Starring Gael Garcia Bernal, Emilio Echevarria, Humberto Busto among many others.

Alejandro's debut film is a runaway freight train that wrecks all five senses on impact. Rarely, do I get a cinematic induced adrenaline rush while also having my brain's deductive reasoning activated throughout an entire film. I was as tired after watching Inarritu's masterpiece as I was when I watched Gareth Evans film Serbaud Maut - Raid: The Redemption (2011). I loved how he tells three different stories each from their characters perspective from one event they all participated in (Hyperlink Cinema).

The actor that struck me most was Emilio. His eyes conveyed his characters subtext. A beautiful and understated performance from a master actor. Gael was superb in his explosive role. Bernal has so much raw energy that emanates from every pore in his body and face.

In the scene below Emilio reminded me of Robert Deniro. They both are constantly thinking about what their scene partners are saying to them in a scene.




Trivia - Fishing lines were used to keep the dogs mouth shut, so they would not bite each other when they were playing with each during the dog fighting scenes.



No comments:

Post a Comment