Memento

"My wife deserves revenge whether or not I remember it." Leonard Shelby

"My wife deserves revenge whether or not I remember it." Leonard Shelby

☆ Masterpiece 

Memento (2000) disorienting narrative propels the story forward and leaves you contemplating the characters dilemma.

Directed by Christopher Nolan.

Starring Guy Pearce, Carrie-Anne Moss and Joe Pantoliano among others.


Memento blew my mind with its use of black and white scenes shown in chronological order intertwined with color scenes shown backwards. The two different stories meet up and combine at the end to produce one story. The two filming plot devises helped to have empathy with Guy's short term memory loss. I kept thinking throughout the last half of the film that if I had Guys short term memory loss I would end my life after avenge my ex wife death. Nolan is an absolutely demented genius.

The scene below is one of my favorites, because of the humor that Guy adds to the end of the scene. Guy is really good in this movie, because he understands his characters dilemma. It's a beautifully simple and straight forward portrayal of a man on an impossible quest to avenge his wife's killers.






Trivia - Leonard Shelby uses a Polaroid 690 throughout the film.









  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT
  • ALT

No comments:

Post a Comment